At Reich Insurance we are committed to providing a wide range of Legal Indemnity solutions to protect lenders, property owners and developers against third party claims, arising from problems affecting the title, use or development of land.
We can provide a full range of policies which are always individually tailored to the client’s unique requirements, ensuring that the right protection is in place, should the worst happen.
An advantage of using our services is that we are typically able to arrange these types of policy in perpetuity, meaning that we can reduce the hassle and time involved, all for a fixed one-off premium.
Another advantage is that should you sell or transfer your asset, then the policy is usually transferrable to the new owners or entities.
Products we can offer include:
- Rights to light
- Title insurance
- Restrictive covenants
- Defects in title including loss of deeds
- Possessory Title
- Lack of adequate access and/or services
- Deed of gift/transactions at undervalue (Insolvency Act 1986)
- Judicial review and other planning and building regulation issues
- Search indemnities
- Breach of warranty (portfolio sales)
- Chancel Repair
- Trust & probate i.e. missing beneficiary
- Lost documents i.e. lost share certificate
- International risk
- Leasehold problems
- Flying freehold
What information is required:
Many legal issues can potentially enable a third party to dispute the use or ownership of property. To start an assessment of the risk we usually require:
- A copy of the registered title or other title documents that reference the problem to be insured.
- If the use of the property is to change, is cover required pre or post planning?
- The amount of cover required and what it represents e.g. market value, full development value, amount of loan etc.
- The current and proposed use of the property.
- A plan showing the extent and location of the property.
Please also be aware that due to our close, long-term relationships with insurers, as an independent broker we are able to source products for even the most difficult assets – after all, our specialism is in property services.
Finally, you can rest assured that when you deal with Reich Insurance, you will always benefit from our exceptional personal service, supported by an in-house claims service which we believe is second-to-none.
For expert advice, contact David Cramp, Business Development Executive today:
DD: +44 (0)161 830 5464