Refusal of a planning application is a risk common to all developers. Currently, UK developers and their funders carry the risk of the application costs associated with a planning application being lost because of a refused planning application. Abortive Planning Costs covers the abortive costs incurred if a planning application is refused at appeal.
The policy covers the abortive costs incurred if a Planning Application for the Insured Project is refused on appeal. The typical costs covered are as follows, (although specific costs that will be rendered abortive can also be considered):
- Preliminary Site Investigations
- Planning Fees
- Project management costs associated with the proposal including Planning Consultants, Architects, Highways Consultants, Ecological Consultants, Surveyors, Flood Risk Engineers, Landscape Architects, Acoustic Consultants, Land Contamination Consultants, Accountants fees
- Legal Fees
- LPA pre-application fees
- Costs associated with market research
- Appeal costs
The policy would react in the event the Insured Project is refused on appeal. Once the Insured Project reaches this point, the insurers will then work alongside the Developer to either pay the costs associated with the planning application to date, or pay the associated costs with a revised planning application – whichever is the more commercially-viable for both parties. If the later route is taken and subsequently results in the same outcome (the revised Insured Project refused on appeal), then the policy would again react to cover the costs incurred from day 1, subject to the aggregate sum insured covered within the policy.
- Protects your investment
- Aids funding
- Provides expert guidance during replanning applications
- Unique product backed by one of the largest insurance groups in the world