The Association of British Insurers (ABI) recently advised that if the UK leaves the EU on 29thMarch 2019 without a Withdrawal Agreement in place, then consumers will need to carry a physical Green Card whilst driving their vehicle in the European Economic Area (EEA). 

Due to the uncertainty around Brexit, and as your Motor Policy may extend cover for driving your vehicle in certain EEA countries, it is essential that you have the correct documentation with you, so your travel is not delayed.

Therefore, if you are intending to drive your vehicle in these countries after 11pm on the 29thMarch 2019, please contact our office as soon as possible so we can arrange for the necessary documents to be issued. We will need to know:  

  • The dates you intend to travel
  • The countries you are visiting
  • Who will be driving your vehicle
  • Which vehicle they will be taking

Please note a separate Green Card needs to be issued if you intend to take a trailer, therefore we will require the make, model and vehicle identification number (VIN) of this.

I look forward to hearing from you if a Green Card is required.

Dave Fitton, Director of Personal Lines.

For further information on our Private Clients insurance products, please visit:

Tags: Brexit | Green Card | Travel | Motor | Drivers | Holidays