Nick Symes on… The occupation of buildings



One of the key criteria Insurance Companies use when considering whether to insure a building and on what terms, is the occupation of the building. 

Working professionals and retired persons are accepted by all Insurers - Social Housing tenants are accepted by many Insurance companies provided the Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement is between Landlord and Tenant. 

Where there is an agreement in force with the Local Authority or Housing Association and not the occupant, cover is available, but from a smaller group of Insurers. This is also true of asylum seekers. 

For more information see

Tags: Buildings | Tenants | Landlords